Pronounced /ˈjo͞oəl/zē/ like jewel-zee
With over 10 million views, Jouelzy curates weekly discussions to encourage women of color as they define their own success stories, emboldening them to push back against harmful social norms. Jouelzy provide a safe space for women of color to address complex cultural issues faced on a daily basis. Over 186k #SmartBrownGirls engage in discussions covering everything from mental health, career, relationships to tech and history/culture. With a dash of wit, snark and humor, Jouelzy educates her audience on historical and political context of trending pop culture topics in her popular #PopSnark series.
Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, Jouelzy is a woman of the world having lived across the United States and traveled through Ghana, Togo and South Africa. Some of her most popular discussions center around bridging the gap of the millennial and educating on the dynamic history of the African diaspora.
Reveling in all her ubiquity, Jouelzy in every facet is celebrating #SmartBrownGirls and encouraging each individual to embrace their unique diversity.
Jouelzy is available for speaking, college forums, hosting and red carpet events. Contact her at tacos[@]jouelzy.com.
Latest YouTube Videos
- Clutch Magazine
- Feministing: Women of Color YouTubers to Watch
- BBCAfrica: Do African Americans Have the Right to Wear African clothes & jewellery?
- Buzzfeed: Here’s What YouTubers Have To Say About Mental Health
- Buzzfeed: 13 Underrated YouTube Beauty Gurus to Subscribe To.
- Black Enterprise: 10 Black YouTube Stars Who Made It Big
- Blavity: Top Snapchats You Need to Follow to Spice Up Your Feed
- Blavity: 7 Best #DearMe Videos from Women of Color
- Vibe: Social Media Week – SideChick Talk w/ Jouelzy
- HelloBeautiful: 30 under 30 Style Mavens