In #PopSnark 11 I give you a brief cultural history on why the news about Boko Haram in Nigeria is so limited and proclaim my love for my shady spirit animal James Baldwin after discover his debate with the National Review founder William F. Buckley.
- Spike Lee speaks out about the Selma Oscar snub.
- Nicki Minaj’s ex-boyfriend Safaree interviewed with the Breakfast Club. It was surprisingly respectful and intelligent interview in between all the lip smacking. He dresses like a f*ckboy but he does not speak like one.
- Jazmine Sullivan’s album Reality Show is something all #SmartBrownGirl’s need to support and buy.
- Cookie is the only reason I watch Empire.
- The Whitney Houston Lifetime biopic was umm…not as bad as the Aaliyah biopic but it was very slanted towards Bobby Brown’s version of events. Loved how much the outfits matched the actual outfits worn by Whitney and crew…otherwise, Deborah Cox’s singing was nice.
- VH1’s Sorority Sisters was canceled….hehehehehe.
- 2Chainz interviewed with Nancy Grace. I had a good chuckle as Nancy Grace tried to argue against the legalization of marijuana with the man formerly known as Titty Boi…and just ended up looking like a troll.